Thursday 2 February 2012

The Power of Intention

The title of this post is a soundbyte used so frequently in relation to positive thought and attracting to you that which you value. If you believe it and envisage it you will get it.

I have no faith, never have had, likely never will. Our presence in the universe? Chance. The fall of the cards! We might argue that we are a product of evolution, or a vehicle for genetic propagation or even guided by some universal constant. No theory can be proved or disproved beyond reasonable doubt, or even upon the balance of probabilities.

I decided some years ago, after having completed the degree and the masters and worked in a well paid job at a young age that I just couldn't see any point in it. Work hard for a salary, maybe a bonus, a pat on the back from the MD and a gold watch on retirement.

All throughout this time I imagined what it would be like to explore my kink, and even further to become part of a group involved in the same thing. I even dared to imagine how it would be, in my own internal narrative *to pull a domme*. How would it be to have some commercial venture in this field? All daydreams of a mind underused and in danger of becoming stagnant.

Two years ago it happened in a reasonably similar sequence of events. I still work hard, but for myself as a freelancer. I have been lucky enough to have gained a group of friends with many of the characteristics of those in my daydreams. That's a hell of a hand of cards to fall on the table.

Next Friday, I have the first Slayers FemDomme CP Event. My own scene commercial venture, with 4 dommes who are very dear to me. I don't know how it will pan out. Will the guests enjoy it? Will it be what they expected? Will anyone even show? Will the dommes have fun? Will I cover costs, or have to work it off as a bouncer for the venue for a few nights?

The universe doesn't owe me a damn thing, any more than I ask anything from it, but even for a cynic I can't help but think back to those daydreams of what I thought could never be.

So, if you read to this part of the post without getting bored and reverting to something infinitely more interesting, do one thing for me. On your darkest day, dare to believe. Sometimes, it is as much as any of us can do!

2 comments:

  1. Take a leap of faith Gene...it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you were right, Bolly, but then you are rarely otherwise ;)

    Slayers was a roaring success, and one more dream come true for me. Even now, two days later I smile when I think of it and I find myself deeply humbled and grateful for the support of the very special friends I have.

    ReplyDelete